Monday, January 14, 2013

Thank you very much, new blogger friends! ***UPDATED!***

Since starting this blog, I've felt an amazing sense of friendship over the web with all the wonderful dog bloggers out there.  Even if part of this friendship is simply feeling less alone about dog issues or supported by comments left on tough posts, it feels pretty real!

And now, we have been nominated not only by one but TWO of our new bloggity blogger friends for the Liebster Award!!  Super huge virtual hugs (or high fives?!  I don't know how close we are yet...  :-) ) to our new friends at Pitlandia and A Peace-a-Bull Assembly for nominating us for this lovely award.  We are honored!!



"Liebster means Dearest in German, so the Liebster Blog Award is the Dearest Blog Award. It’s an award intended to recognize worthy, lesser known blogs and to help expose their work. Of course, accepting The Liebster Award comes with a few rules!"

Liebster Blog Award Rules:
These are the rules as have been given to me:

  1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you
  2. Share five things about yourself
  3. Answer five questions presented by Pitlandia and A Peace-a-Bull Assembly
  4. Ask five new questions to your nominated bloggers
  5. Reveal your top five picks {with less than 200 readers} and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog
  6. Copy and paste the award on your blog
  7. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite up-and-coming bloggers and keep it going!

Thank you again to Pitlandia and Debra at A Peace-a-Bull Assembly!!!

Five things about myself:

1.  I LOVE chocolate and sushi.  Not together but just in general.
2.  I am obsessed with everything Disney.  I even worked at Disney World back in college on an internship program.
3.  We are gearing up (literally) to take the pooches camping soon.  We even went back to REI to get a bigger tent since we adopted the giant headed Nigel.
4.  I love cooking and am hoping to refine my skills this year.
5.  I am trying to get into photography and just bought my very own micro 4/3 camera to play with!

(I'm following Debra on this and telling a little about the pooches too!) Five Six things about Maggie and Nigel (I want to be fair here):

1.  Maggie makes some of the funniest whining sounds that it's hard not to laugh a little when she starts.  We'll try to capture her on video soon!
2.  Nigel is the snoriest of the snorers.  He sounds like a person snoring.
3.  Maggie has the softest fur on her head.  She feels like a stuffed animal!
4.  Nigel is probably the messiest drinker I have ever met.  There is water slobber everywhere near the water bowl.
5.  Maggie has the most adorable, little white eyelashes.  People stop us on the street to stare.  It's hard to walk around with her because she gets all the attention.
6.  Though I've made Nigel seem like a bit of a boor, he is a 56 pound gentle giant who gets very scared if we raise our voice.  He's a bit of a 'fraidy dog so we have to be pretty gentle with him.

The five questions posed by Pitlandia:

1.  What's a book (training, behavior, fiction, etc.) that you would most recommend to a new dog owner? I only read one Cesar Milan book when we adopted Maggie.  The other info I have read is all from blogs and websites.  My recent favorite with SO much info is Dr. Sophia Yin's resource website
2.  What's your favorite command or trick that you've taught your dog? We taught Maggie to jump up to give a high five and called the trick "Up Top" because it was funnier.  
3.  What's one goal that you have for your dog in 2013? Devote as much time as possible to training and having fun with the pooches.
4.  Where's your favorite place that you've traveled to? I traveled to Ireland with my husband, sister and brother-in-law in 2009 and it was pretty amazing.
5.  Do you prefer coffee or tea? That's tough.  I'm more of a tea drinker but love a good cup of coffee too.  Especially one that is overly sweet and full of chocolate or caramel.


The five questions posed by A Peace-a-Bull Assembly:

1.  Most of us have a common theme in the titles of our blog, but tell us: how did you come by the name of yours?  I love the show Sex and the City and since Maggie truly is a pocket pit, I liked the idea of the play on words.  Then, later I found Two Pitties in the City and all of the similar blog names.
2.  What is the be-all end-all favorite treat of your dog(s)?  They LOVE Motivate Bait and their bacon flavored training treats.  They will sit for dayyyys for that stuff.
3.  What has been the biggest challenge of dog ownership?  In general, becoming more patient.  It's so easy to get angry at them when they're doing something wrong but it's also easy to remind myself constantly that they don't realize that they're doing something wrong until I tell them!  I'm a more patient person now because of them.
4.  And what has been the biggest reward?  The cuddles and smooches.  I just can't get enough of their cuddles.
5.  What is your favorite "me" activity?  Right now...dog blog stalking!  In general, reading a book outside with a good, crisp beer (I lurrrve beer).  Or watching The Biggest Loser.



My Five Nominees:

1.  Pawsitive Feedback is LA trainer Dorna's blog that has so much wonderful information both about her own dogs and things she's learned as a trainer and at training expos.  
2.  The Lazy Pit Bull is also full of wonderful tips and ideas.  They're also working to debunk the myths about pit bulls and advocating for worthy animal causes.  I've been lurking for a while and it's a great site!
3.  Pitties for Your Thoughts fosters and has adorabull pictures that I can't get enough of! 
4.  Another wonderful foster and pit bull loving family blogs over at It All Started With a Pit Bull.  I don't know about you but I am obsessed with their precious pooches!
5.  From, The Pits began as this blogger's project to "profile the most underrated and under-appreciated type of dog I met day after day at the shelter: the “pit bull” type dog" but has turned into so much more!  She fosters and chronicles working with her dog, Monster.

Thanks again to Pitlandia and A Peace-a-Bull Assembly!!!  Have a great week!!!!

I did exactly what Debra at Peace-a-Bull did...forgot my own questions!!!  Here they are.

1.  Is formal training "worth it" and why?
2.  What is your favorite activity to do with your pooch(es)?
3.  If you like to cook, what's your best dish?
4.  What do your dogs do that makes you laugh EVERY time!?
5.  What are your favorite things about dog blogging?



14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award!! I look forward to catching up on your pup adventures!
    We have Ra Sushi here in AZ, do you have that in CA? They make a dessert sushi that sounds amazing but I haven't tried it yet.
    I also LOVE Disney, I have a Walt Disney portrait tattoo and the Haunted Mansion tattooed on my arm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of COURSE!! We heart your blog. The tats sound badass!!! And I'm not sure about Ra but we have about one million other sushi places here. It's hard to decide where to go!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your award and THANK YOU so much for nominating me! I love that you posted 6 things about the dogs too! My dogs are the heart of my blog so I may have to follow suit. Thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read your post!! We love your blog. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love chocolate and sushi too! Congratulations on the award...can't wait to read more about your pooches:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmm....I'm thinking about chocolate and sushi now just because I wrote this post. Love the New Years resolutions!

      Delete
    2. Me too..I think my dinner plans are made:)

      Delete
  4. Hey thank you for the award for The Lazy Pit Bull! We appreciate it very much! Thanks for stopping by the blog, and for connecting us with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this! I love Disney stuff too. One of my best friends worked at Disney World while she was in college too and I got to visit her. It was so much fun because she knew the inside scoop on EVERYTHING...like the exact times for all of the character meetings. So fun!

    My favorite "me" activity is blog stalking too. It's such a problem. I'm actually pretty excited that you've nominated blogs for this award that I've never heard of before so that I can do some more stalking! =) Andddd I also love that you call it stalking just like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S....You should set up a Facebook page for your blog!

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha!! Amazing. That's the same program I went on! It was so fun to have friends come and visit.

      It's definitely stalking and I'm just not ashamed of it (which makes me a little nervous...). :-)

      I am setting up my Facebook page now!! I just can't figure out how to make a "Personal Blog" page but I think maybe they got rid of that option recently? Any tips?

      Delete
    3. Hmmmm...very good question! I can't quite remember how I did it when I set up our FB page. Maybe you could search on Google for how to get it as a personal blog page? Let me know when you get all set up so that I can share you with my FB fans!

      Delete
    4. By the way, OBSESSED with the bows and collars!! I am a self identified crafty person but I don't sew and seeing your creations totally made me want to invest in a sewing machine!!!!

      Delete
    5. FINALLY found it!! Win! I'll let you know when it's done. :-) Thanks for the encouragement!!!

      Delete