Friday, February 15, 2013

Gear: Boots and Barkley

Wow - where did this week go?!!?  I'm not really sure...but hey.  The pooches are continuing to do well and become best fraynds.  They're both laying on/next to me as I write this post and goodness, it's hard not to get caught up in their adborableness.

We wanted to share an AMAZING find with all of you!  We heard from a friend that you can find some good dog gear at Target or Ross sometimes.  So, I headed to Target to find a new crate pad for Nigel (since he ate his old one the old bed randomly exploded into his crate) and I found a really nice, plush and cozy one at Target.  We didn't know if we could trust him with a bed in his crate but this one at Target was only $15!  That's way cheaper than the one we got for Maggie at Petco and it's mushier and softer.  Win win!!  It's held up great and Nigel really likes his crate pad!

Turns out that Nigel, in his quirkiness, only likes to chew beds that are left on top of his crate (note to husbands everywhere...making that mistake once is forgivable...twice is just a waste of money).  He also sleeps on his crate pad upside down so...to each their own.  

Have a great weekend!!!

Where do you unexpectedly find great dog stuff!??!




5 comments:

  1. We have a bunch of Target dog beds. Not sure if you saw them at your Target but they sell separate bed covers, waterproof liners and stuffing so I bought a bunch of the outer covers and filled them with a piece of memory foam. They're perfect and super easy to wash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bed cover I found at Target. One side is like a brushed corduroy and the other is like a fleecy microfiber like a North Face coat. It was way on sale and I use it to cover a dog pillow I got at Wal Mart.

      Delete
    2. I saw those covers and now I want to go back and get one!! Nigel keeps ripping his bed, that little rascal. I can't wait to get one soon!

      Delete
  2. We've had some great finds at Target also.
    Costco still has my favorite dog beds.
    My absolute best resource for toys will always be ryanspet.com. I can't promote this enough to people! Best prices EVER on Nyalbones, Kongs, stuffies, and toy and many pet supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh!!! I need to go look NOW!!! Thanks for the tip!!!

      Delete