Sunday, April 7, 2013

Adventures: Spring Break in Pictures

WOW!  Spring break was so eventful.  We drove from LA to Chicago, hung out with friends, family, and even some celebridogs!  Here is our spring break in pictures...including some adorableness of our other pittie and non-pittie pooches in our family.

Driving home is hard...it's better if you cuddle a lot.
Embarking!  And using our new Kurgo seat cover.
Squirrels!  So many squirrels out the windows!!
Killian, my mom's 80 pound lab mix.  (Okay, technically, she was my 17th birthday present but her and my mom are basically inseparable now.) 
I had the opportunity to meet my very first celebridogs, Miss M and Mr. B from Two Pitties in the City and Zoe from Two Kitties One Pittie (and their people, of course).  I went along on a Sociabulls walk to hang out with the pooches and see how they run their pack walks.  It was awesome!  Thanks for having me, Sociabulls! 
CELEBRIDOGS!  Just as sweet in person. 
Obviously, more squirrel watching. 
I HEART WINDOWS. 
Lots of snoozing happened during break.

We even made our very own Easter Egg hunt for the dogs thanks to our friends over at Pitlandia blogging about Athena's nose sniffin' game.  We celebrate Passover but the pooches LOVED their Easter game.
I FOUND THE NOMS! 
"Uhhh, how do you open this thing?!"
We got to chill with our favorite niece and nephdogs.  They're adorable and we miss them SO much when we're in LA.
Willie got his very own tie after his last grooming.
Bailee - the reason we knew pitties are the BEST.
 Our most awesome find was at mile marker 10 on I-40 E in Oklahoma.  They have a wonderful doggie park!  Two sides for big pooches and little pooches, poop bags and plenty of space to stretch some legs after a lot of driving.
 It was eventually time to drive back to LA.  More cuddling ensued.
More cuddles.

Maggie "placing" outside of POPS, a Route 66 tourist attraction
Definitely a spring break to remember!!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good trip, and I"m looking forward to hearing more of your traveling tips. And so great to have you join us on one of our walks. It was so great meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was mine!!! I loved the hotel stay post from today. Hope to meet up with you guys again some other visit. :-D

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is quite the drive. Looks like everyone had a good time though. How cool to meet other bloggers on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rest stop dog park sounds great! We have to jog around rest areas like crazies to get Gambit to potty on road trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I can just imagine the running around begging to go...we had to do that a few times with Maggie and it was FREEZING out! I was very impatient.

      Delete
  4. Oh, it sounds like you all had a fantastic road trip! You are so very brave to attempt it with two dogs! I am majorly jealous that you got to meet Miss M, Mr. B and Zoe (and their humans)! I'm also excited that your pups loved the egg hunt. Hurray!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was much easier this time than the first time in January!

      Delete
  5. What a great trip! And, you got to meet Miss M and Mr. B... we're so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to meet them one day...they're adorable!

      Delete
  6. That's so fun that you got to join the walking group! Maggie's squirrel picture is my favorite.
    How sweet they cuddle in the car. Hades is a reluctant cuddler and Braylon is a cuddle whore and it's not often they agree on cuddling. Hades will move away, little jerk. WHAT fun! I am so jealous of your pup-cation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is OBSESSED with the squirrels. Have you seen Up?! She's totally like the dog there, she could be doing anything else and all of a sudden..."SQUIRREL!" Maggie likes her own space but just doesn't have many options in the car. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Of course I've seen up I'm a Disney fanatic :) LOVE IT!

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah!! I forgot we're both Disney obsessed. She is TOTALLY Dug. But I think she wants to eat them, not just call it that they're there...

      Delete
  7. Braylon half-killed a ground squirrel once. :/ She seemed to think she thought it was innocent and dropped it when I screamed but it gave me the heeby jeebies. I think I've mentioned that more than once though. :)

    ReplyDelete