Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pooches: Settling In!

Well!  The last week and a half has been caarazy.  Between packing, moving, trying to make the dogs feel at home in our new place and my impending move to Northern California to work at overnight camp for the summer...we've been busy.

The pooches were not exactly helpful in the unpacking process.
But Maggie is incredibly excited to have windows in our new house.  She LOOOOVES windows.  Nigel seems to like them too but Maggie may have an obsession.
Girl's got some crazy looking out the window eyes.
And of course, it's very tiring to move to a new place.



Non-crazy eyes.
Overall, they've been adjusting nicely.  Maggie did bark her little fuzzy head off the other night when we left them for about 30 minutes but luckily, we have a wonderful next door neighbor who is SO understanding about the noise.  Hopefully she'll chill out soon because she was a crazy barker in the old place for a little while.

The best thing we did though was having them at daycare during the move and then having their stuff ready when they got home.  It definitely made the transition easier.

To new places and adventures!!!


12 comments:

  1. An overnight camp? And you can bring your dogs? Sounds awesome!

    Emily @ Our Waldo Bungie
    www.ourwaldobungie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish I could bring the pooches along...they would LOVE it! Lane, the husband, is staying home in LA with them. They'll enjoy the new backyard and hanging out in the sun while I'm there working. :-/ I am going to miss them so much!

      Delete
  2. I love the "looking out the window eyes." Congrats on a new place! May peace and love fill your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debra! Sometimes, she gets REALLY crazy eyes if there's a squirrel. It's hilarious. :-)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the big move! How exciting that Maggie will have a window to peer out of and keep a watch on the neighborhood happenings.

    How sad that you will have the leave the pooches for your summer job =( I hope you are able to visit them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I'm so sad to not be cuddling them RIGHT now. I will get to see them about one time which is better than NO times! I miss them endlessly right now. Seems like you are all living up this summer so far!!!

      Delete
  4. I love the big windows, I don't blame Maggie for staring out of them all the time! That's awesome that your neighbor is understanding, my dogs barked a bit while I was away once and my neighbors called then landlord constantly...ugh:/

    Great idea to send them to daycare for the move, I might have to send Norman to my petsitters for the day when we move in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the windows too. :-) It was SO good to send them to daycare on moving day. They would have not enjoyed the movers and such. Best decision we made!

      Delete
  5. Windows are one of the most important things for our dogs, Boomer has to look for anything out of place in the neighborhood while Dottie has to stalk her bunnies and squirrels.

    Smart move to have the pups in daycare during the move, I'm sure that helped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Braylon was very stressed by our move but settled in quickly when she realized her new yard was bigger and we had a NEW comfy couch. Braylon and Maggie would make an awesome window watching pair with their super alert bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete